I’m sitting in my lounge room craving ice cream and a cup of tea, and then I thought to combine the two. Yummy! And of course I added some chocolate cacao powder. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
What you need
2 frozen bananas (or not frozen)
1 chai tea bag (or 2 if you want a stronger chai flavour)
1 tablespoon cocao powder
2 tablespoons coconut cream
Drizzle of honey
What to do
1. Chop bananas and add to blender
2. Rip open tea bag and add contents to blender, along with cacao and coconut cream
3. Blitz until it all comes together, scrape down sides periodically
4. Scrape down sides and drizzle honey to taste, blitz again
If your banana is not frozen, put in container and freeze for an hour before eating (if u can wait that long). Makes about 2 cups.
I was searching for a Banana Bread recipe that was gluten free and found this recipe which is also sugar free and dairy free, which suits me just fine! I have adapted this recipe from a book I recently downloaded by Alexx Stuart called real treats, 68 Gluten, Grain and Dairy free sweets. I have changed it to suit the ingredients I had in my pantry.
The taste is very ‘bananery’, but it still has a spongey softness to it. Now, I wrote that it is sugar free but don’t let that fool you, it’s still sweet, it just doesn’t use conventional, refined sugar ( which is referred to as addictive poison by various groups). This is a whole food banana cake. If you try it, let me know what you think. I like it.
What you need
- 3 eggs
- 100ml coconut oil, melted
- 90 ml maple syrup (the real stuff)
- 1 tsp baking powder (gluten free)
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 2 medium bananas
- 90g gluten free self raising flour (I used the ‘has no…’ Brand from Aldi)
- 20g almond meal
What you do
- Preheat oven to 180c and grease a loaf tin
- Beat eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon until combined
- Add mashed banana. Mix till combined
- Add the rest of the ingredients (all the dry) and mix till combined
- Pour mixture into tin and bake for 30-40 minutes or u till a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack or start eating.
- Lessen bananas to 2 for a drier loaf, which is good for toasting.
- Add walnuts at the last stage if u want
- Substitute banana for 1.5 cups grated carrot for a carrot cake loaf
- Use a muffin tin to make muffins
- This recipe freezes well
This recipe is a ‘throw together’ from ingredients in my fridge and pantry. I needed something healthy and this and this ticked my boxes. Hope it ticks yours.
WHAT YOU NEED
Small packet of vermicelli bean noodles
Handful of button mushrooms, chopped
1 bunch of bok choy, chopped
A cup of broccoli, chopped into small florets
1/2 cup of prawns (I had small frozen ones)
2 packets of miso soup base
2 packets of miso condiments (if desired) see notes
3 cups of water
WHAT YOU DO
1. Bring water to boil in a saucepan on the stove
2. Add the miso base, condiment packs, stir, add vegetables
3. After about 3 minutes or so, add the noodles and prawns
4. When the prawns are cooked, about 3 minutes or so, you’re done.
5. Pour into big bowl and eat.
Note: I buy the miso single serve packs that separate the liquid base and condiment, ie, seaweed, tofu etc. I also buy the one that is gmo free and no MSG.